Author Topic: Contracts, etc  (Read 1101 times)

Offline 1954bassman

Contracts, etc
« on: June 07, 2007, 09:38:05 AM »
Our group is actually starting to pick up paying jobs. I remember a while back some of you guys posted your contracts/riders/etc. I could not find the post, but need a little help on the business side here. Looks like we will be getting $800 to $1000 for festivals, weddings, etc. Some promoters are asking about 'rider fees?'

Mark

Bass with Grace
quote:
The Older I Get,
 The Less I Know

Bass with Grace
quote:
The Older I Get,

The Less I Know

Offline LaneOnBass

• My Web Site
Contracts, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:06:36 AM »
There is a standard contract available on http://www.altguitarbass.com. You might look at that as a starting point.

Be sure to spell everything out... not just "food", which may end up getting you a stale sandwich in the kitchen... but "the same food as served to guests... and a clean, comfortable break room". That kind of thing. Remember that you can always negotiate DOWN, but it's almost impossible to negotiate UP. So ask for more than you're willing to accept.... in terms of money AND perks... then let the buyer negotiate you down. You still get what you have to have... and they feel like they got a deal.

Keep Thumpin',

Lane Baldwin
Special Projects Coordinator
and Forum Moderator

Ask not what bass can do for you...
   Ask what YOU can do for bass.

Lane on Bass | DeeperBlues | Lane on MySpace |  Deeper Blues Space

WT1205 / WT550 / WT400 / WTX-260 / D610XLT x 2 / D210MBX / D210MBW / D210XST / EM5 Monitors
Keep Thumpin',

Lane On Bass

Former Eden Spec. Proj. Coord. & Artist Relations

My Web Site | Facebook Page
Twitter