Author Topic: Advice on how to add to my current rig???  (Read 2209 times)

Offline FenderBender

Advice on how to add to my current rig???
« on: September 24, 2004, 10:56:43 AM »
I love my Eden Rig!!!!  I have the wt 800 (Briged to mono @8ohms) and one 410xst 8 ohms. This combo sounds great together and the bottom is so big that I can shake down the house!!!

The question is:  I want to add one more small cab so that I dont have to break my back with the 410 every time I want to go practice some where.  I would like to Have somting that would compliment my current rig if I needed to use a second cab.  But I can't figure out the ohm thingy. Any of you Edenites have a suggestion?

I guess that I could get a small combo, but for the money for a good combo, I could expand my rig if needed.

Thanx

Offline LaneOnBass

• My Web Site
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 10:18:52 PM »
Your current rig is giving you max power into your current cab. Adding more speakers would be trade-off between increased cone area and decreased wattage. So...consider getting a 2-10 cab...XST, MBX or MBW that you could use with one side driving it. Make it a 4 ohm cab and you'll get 400 watts. Later,if you choose to, you can pick up a small head to go with it, say the WT400 or 550. You would then have a small rig, a big rig, and a King Kong rig if you use them both. I've done that with my two rigs a time or two...

Keep Thumpin',

Lane

Ask not what bass can do for you...
   Ask what YOU can do for bass.

www.laneonbass.com
Keep Thumpin',

Lane On Bass

Former Eden Spec. Proj. Coord. & Artist Relations

My Web Site | Facebook Page
Twitter

Offline Edenrocs

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 12:28:15 PM »
Great advise Lane, I too agree,  I now have the 'big rig' and that shakes the house..
When I get some money I would do what Lane says and get either a WT400 or WT550 & another XST 2x10(not sure wether it would be 4/8ohms), For me I already have 2 X 2x10XST's @ 4 Ohms(500watts)boxes with the WT800. They are very portable and light and together sound outrageous.

I guess FenderBender you could get either 400/550 with one 2x10XST(4ohms @ 500 watts).. a lot of money though but would give you what you need, on the other hand you could just get one XST and use it with the wt800 on one side for smaller gigs and later get the WT550
then you can make up the 'king kong' rig as lane says

Lane how do you setup/connect both your rigs(WT800 & WT550) to get the 'king kong' rig would it mean you get over 1500watts o/p?  

Thanks(:-o)
WT800B, WTX260, D210XST(4), 610XLT(6), EB(sterling & stingray), G&L(SB2 tribute), Hofner(601a)

Offline LaneOnBass

• My Web Site
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 02:01:27 PM »
Sorry for the delay in replying, Edenrocs....been out of the loop for a bit. Anyway...

To set up the King Kong rig, I just run a line from the WT800 into my WT400. Set my SKB 4space on top of 410XLT cab, and flip the monitor wedge (MBW, 4 ohm) over so that the "top" is on bottom for better stability. The WT400 hides in back. Six 10s, two horns, 1200 watts.

Because the WT550 has a different layout than the 400, it isn't possible to upgrade. However, I sent my 400 to the factory for all the design upgrades they've incorporated since I bought it back in 97. Can't wait to hear it.

Keep Thumpin',

Lane

Ask not what bass can do for you...
   Ask what YOU can do for bass.

www.laneonbass.com
Keep Thumpin',

Lane On Bass

Former Eden Spec. Proj. Coord. & Artist Relations

My Web Site | Facebook Page
Twitter