Author Topic: A Head in the Future???  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Psychicpet

• http://www.peterdavyduck.com
A Head in the Future???
« on: September 23, 2004, 01:23:06 AM »
Well, I had to run out the door this evening to get to a gig (15min. before it started) and was a little 'burdened' having to pack up my U5 and Crown amp.... the story is that I get a call saying "did so and so contact you about playing for her?" ... "yes she did"...."well are you going to be able to play tonight then?"..."Tonight??"..."yes tonight.."..."well her emails to me mentioned the dates of Oct 20-21st..."...."oh no, we start in 1hour..."
Needless to say, the charts were bad, the monitors were worse and I had wished all I had to pack up was a WT550....
[xx(]
I know you're a huge proponent to the WT800 Lane but the price difference.... I ain't been on any Top 200 CDs yet sooo [:o)]

anywho, I love my tone but it woulda been nice to shlept less...
Steve Zissou: I don't have a problem with objective reporting. What I have a problem with is some wombat... coming on my boat trying to railroad me.

Offline LaneOnBass

• My Web Site
A Head in the Future???
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 10:09:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Psychicpet

<snip gig horror story to get to:>
Needless to say, the charts were bad, the monitors were worse and I had wished all I had to pack up was a WT550....
[xx(]
I know you're a huge proponent to the WT800 Lane but the price difference.... I ain't been on any Top 200 CDs yet sooo [:o)]

anywho, I love my tone but it woulda been nice to shlept less...

Hey, I haven't been on any Top 200 projects for a while, myself... lol And, yeah, I love the 800/410 rig...the extra power really brings the low notes alive.

But I keep writing that I mostly use a 400 with a 210MBW wedge. A much lighter schlep, to be sure! And still reproduces a respectable low B at a respectable volume. I find it works very well for most of my gigs, including studio, as the mic is usually directly in front of a ten, an inch or two away. And the MBW 10s push some air close at hand. Blend that with the DI on the 400 (& sometimes an outboard DI).

Anyhoo...back to practicing...

Keep Thumpin',

Lane

Ask not what bass can do for you...
   Ask what YOU can do for bass.

www.laneonbass.com
Keep Thumpin',

Lane On Bass

Former Eden Spec. Proj. Coord. & Artist Relations

My Web Site | Facebook Page
Twitter