Eden Electronics Forum > What's New

Just back from visit to Corp HQ

(1/3) > >>

LaneOnBass:
Hey, guys. Just got back from a day at corporate headquarters working with David and meeting some of the folks I work with. A good day all in all and some things to tell you:

1. Saw the first 610XLTs coming off the line. Very compact for a 6-10 cabinet...am now going to get one. Should have it very soon, but they have an order or two to fill before I can get mine.

2. Had some serious discussions about the on-line store. NO decisions yet, but we've come up with some possible solutions. Will let you know as it develops.

3. We'll be getting some new content up on the web within a few days. This will include and interview with Mike Watt, and two reviews written by forum participants. Will announce when they're up.

4. We are moving forward on the CHAT idea. To being with, these will be special events. It will probably take a bit of time before the first one, but everyone is totally committed to the concept.

5. You can now click on most equipment pictures for larger views of front panel. We'll be photographing the backs of the amps as soon as possible, but there are other projects in front of this one.

6.We are going to start working on the FAQ, as well as some informative articles to help people answer their questions. This is going to take some time, but we've gotten the green light to begin.

7. Relating to 6 above, we had a very productive discussion with the guys in Customer Service. Have learned some things we need to do to provide them more support in the techincal areas. Answered some questions for them and corrected some misinformation. They all now have spec sheets right in front of them, so we should be able to expect accurate info in that area. They're a great bunch of guys, and really do want to provide great service for us. We've now created a process to help ensure they get the answers they need in order to serve you better.

8. Had an excellent meeting with the web guru. He's definitely on board regarding getting new content up. OUr two main problems are:
   (1) There's only one guy to maintain/update sites for all the divisions, so he's busier than all get-out.

(2) At present, my time is very limited so it takes longer than any of us would like to provide or edit content. We're working on that one.

OK...I'm fried. Going to get some sleep...that's all I have for now. Thanks to all who have offered suggestions. We all appreciate it very much and are working as quickly as we can to implement some of them.

Keep Thumpin',

Lane
Edenite and Forum Moderator

Ask not what bass can do for you...
   Ask what YOU can do for bass.

www.laneonbass.com

stagesound:
This is all good news Lane!  God for Eden and for us.... Thanks you guys for your work and dedication....
[:)]

Michel ... riding Low in Lotus Land

Clbe:
Lane - you forgot to mention our overstuffing at OPA! the first night you came in!

Thanks for lighting the fire under my butt to get involved here.

I'll report on the 610 as soon as prodction finishes tweaking...

Peace and digestion...

Clbe

quote:Originally posted by LaneOnBass

Hey, guys. Just got back from a day at corporate headquarters working with David and meeting some of the folks I work with. A good day all in all and some things to tell you:

1. Saw the first 610XLTs coming off the line. Very compact for a 6-10 cabinet...am now going to get one. Should have it very soon, but they have an order or two to fill before I can get mine.

OK...I'm fried. Going to get some sleep...that's all I have for now. Thanks to all who have offered suggestions. We all appreciate it very much and are working as quickly as we can to implement some of them.

UnstoppableBassMonolith:
Hi Lane,

That's great news on the new content and the effort to improve customer support.

Did you get any word on the numerous upgrade questions floating around on the board?  My specific question was about a Metro upgrade to the new power amp section, if you remember I had a bit of an unpleasant experience dealing with customer service and basically am not certain if the customer service rep's claim that the upgrade is not offered is accurate or not.  I guess I am still hoping that there is a chance that the Metro upgrade will be offered.  Thanks for any word, either yay or nay, that I can trust as coming from an official source.

floorshaker:
Thanks for the update [:)]

One of the things I really miss is a good Eden FAQ, a quick look thru the forum reveals a lot of the same very "concrete" questions.
Example : "Will pre 2005 WT800 power D610XLT safely" , "How to calc ohm's" , "upgrades" and so on and on ....
Building a good FAQ takes time, but my suggestion would be : Start it up asap with a some hot topic's, and then add more over time.

Bo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version