Author Topic: 410 xst issue  (Read 178 times)

Offline Nmeyer

410 xst issue
« on: June 23, 2019, 09:47:05 PM »
Wondering if anyone has an Eden 4x10 XST cabinet they would let me try my amp with?  I recently purchased one used and have been having issues with it.  Long story short my amp works with other cabinets, the cabinet works with other amps but they do not work together, the amp goes into protection mode as soon as I connect the speaker cable.  I have had the cabinet checked out by a local tech and been told everything is within spec and worked with the amp manufacturer and just received a brand new amp on warranty to try to fix the issue.  I’m getting a little frustrated and just want to find out if there is something that was missed when I had the cabinet checked out or if there is just some incompatibility with my amp and this model of cabinet, if that’s a thing?  I have personally tested to resistance of the cabinet which is about 6 ohms, cable issues have been ruled out, the amp has a rated output of 900 watts at 4 ohms and the cabinet is rated for 1000 watts at 8 ohms and I have tried both 1/4” and speakon connections with no change. Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
Re: 410 xst issue
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 01:34:22 AM »
No mention of what the amp is doesn't help, or where Nmeyer is based. What is "protection mode"?  I think we need a bit more information to even begin to help - meanwhile - welcome to the garden...
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline Nmeyer

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 04:37:52 AM »
The amp is a Darkglass Alpha Omega 900 and as I said it has a rated output of 900 watts at 4 ohms.  When it is powered up while connected to the cabinet the only sound that is passed through the cabinet is a pulsing that end in a pop or thud. I am US based.

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 10:40:36 AM »
If, as you say, the cabinet has been checked out and has no issues, and the amp works with other cabinets but not this one then unless the issue is the cabling I suspect you have a mystery that can't be solved.  For odd sound issues we recommend cleaning all sockets on an amp because they can get corroded but that can't be the case with a new amp. The only area that you haven't mentioned checking is the power supply that you're connecting the amp to.  Is it by chance that you are always connecting up on the same circuit from the same socket when you test out the combination?  Have you followed the manufacturers instructions on setting up the amp - it doesn't sound at all likely, as you clearly have experience with these things.  I still suspect the cabling to be honest?  Do keep us posted and enlighten us as to "protection mode"... have you tried switching to another speaker immediately after the protection mode issue...???
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline Nmeyer

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 12:28:16 PM »
I have been sure to try two separate circuits at home when testing and first had the issue at my bands rehearsal space.  I can take to speaker cable directly from the Eden cabinet while it’s pulsing and connect to a different cabinet and have everything be perfectly fine once connected.  It is an odd issue that I am afraid no one will be able to figure out!

Offline Nmeyer

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 09:59:35 PM »
Does anyone know if I could buy a replacement crossover for the 410 XST?  I have seen some replacement crossovers for sale for the xlt cabinets but not the xst.

Offline Bassmann1968

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 12:33:42 AM »
Hi Nmeyer and welcome to the Garden!

You can use the XLT Xover.
Rock on!
Armin

PLEASE LIKE EDEN ON FACEBOOK!!!
No schematics available!!! Don't ask for it.
;)

WTP-Pre,1350,WTX260,WT300/400,WT1000,WTX1000N,NAV,WTDI
D112XLT,D210XST,D410XLT,D810RP,DNS410,DNS112