Author Topic: Eden WT800C Hum and hiss  (Read 275 times)

Offline Vitaliy88Tkachenko

• Respectone KZ
Eden WT800C Hum and hiss
« on: April 03, 2019, 02:04:19 PM »
Hello everybody!
Could anyone help to find the schematic for the WT800C.
I'm experiencing some problems, and there is no authorized retailer and service center in my country, so I would appreciate if someone could share the schematic for that amp...
Vitaliy Tkachenko

Ken Smith BSR5TN - Eden WT 800 - Eden XLT 210 - Eden XST 410 - Ampeg SVT 112AV - Markbass Compressore

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
Re: Eden WT800C Hum and hiss
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 03:46:05 PM »
Eden don't release schematics BUT... tell us what the problem is and I think you'll find a solution will be found...
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline Vitaliy88Tkachenko

• Respectone KZ
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 09:52:02 AM »
When I turn the master knob fully down there is a big increase of hum and hiss. And when the balance knob turned fully to the left there's increase in hum and hiss in right chanell (cabinet) and vise versa. That's the same for the speaker outputs and headphone output as well...
Vitaliy Tkachenko

Ken Smith BSR5TN - Eden WT 800 - Eden XLT 210 - Eden XST 410 - Ampeg SVT 112AV - Markbass Compressore

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »
Hi Vitaliy,

A lot of the hum and hiss problems are generated by dirty pots or jacks.   On your master and your balance knobs, quickly turning them back and forth from all the way off to all the way open a number of times can knock off some of the dirt inside the pot and get rid of most of the hiss and hum if it's just a dirty pot.

A couple of questions for you:
1.  When was the last time you went through ALL the 1/4" sockets with some contact cleaner like DeOxit 5?  The signal chain goes through all of the sockets in the back and the ones that don't get used, such as the effects-in and out, are often the ones that get corrosion or gunk on them first because no plug is going in and out of them to knock off any contaminants.

If you haven't done this yet, just spray a small amount of the DeOxit 5 (or similar contact cleaner) into the jack and then onto a 1/4" plug.  Then work the plug in and out of the jack 10 to 14 times to clean it up.  Repeat this process for every 1/4" jack on the amp.  Then make this part of your annual amp maintenance and you won't have to worry about dirty contacts causing problems.  If you haven't cleaned this jacks recently, do that first and then let us know what's happening.

2.  When you are using the "Balance" knob, do you have a cab plugged into each side?  When I used to use a 410/115 stack, the 115 I had was very boomy and by turning that balance knob a little towards the side that had the 410, it cleared up that boominess nicely.  If you only have one side being used though and you turn the knob to the side that is not being used, you'll lose volume until it entirely goes away.  Just use this control when you are using cabs plugged into both the left and the right channels - we call this running in dual-mono.

BEWARE that you do not have the amp in bridged mode if you have cabs plugged into both sides.  If the bridged light is on, you should only have the cab hooked into the "bridged output".  If you have two 8 ohm cabs and your WT800C has the porchlight (backlit logo on the front), it should say 4 ohm minimum next to the bridged output. In that case you can plug one 8 ohm cab into the bridged output and a second 8 ohm cab into the back of the first 8 ohm cab.  Those are parallel connections and will give you a 4 ohm load getting up to 1100-watts out of the amp to be split equally between the cabs (up to 550-watts to each).

When the bridged output light is on and you are using the bridged output, the power section from the right is bridged over to the power section in the left. That means all the power from the right side is being sent to the left power channel, which combines the power and sends it to the "bridged output". If you turn the balance knob to the right, your volume will get less and less until you can't hear it any more.  The balance knob at noon is the best way to set it when running bridged, or you can turn it over to the left without causing any problems.  Best thing to do is just set it at straight up noon.

If you haven't already been warned, never switch between dual-mono and bridged mode with the power on.  Turn off the amp and wait for all the lights to go off before switching bridged mode on or off.

Dan
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 01:49:47 PM by Rip Van Dan »
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
'82 US-made Fender Jazz Bass with maple neck
5-string Rogue LX405 Pro (Surprisingly good "no-name" bass)
WT500/800 Highwayman (signature model)
D.N.S 410-8, Eden EX112 x2
Line6 G10s wireless
==
spares:
Eden RS400, GK BK250, BPX115 cab, acoustic B410 cab, Sunn Beta 202 (2x12)