Author Topic: Woo-Hoo Just got a WTDI  (Read 582 times)

Offline Rip Van Dan

Woo-Hoo Just got a WTDI
« on: June 28, 2018, 03:43:58 PM »
Hot Dang!  Just got an Eden WTDI.  Got it in the nick of time because I have my regular Friday night gig tomorrow where I'm required to play through their Peavey 112 combo (It's a small place).  I've been able to get a decent sound out of it but cutting the bass and treble and boosting the mids, but it's just not that Eden sound that I get from my WT500/800.  Ordered it last weekend and it arrived this AM.

I think I will hook it up to my computer's audio interface (Behringer UMC202HD) so I can listen to it through my headphones as I put it through its paces.

Of course, I could have lugged my WT500/800 to the gig and slaved the Peavey Combo to it, but my amp weighs about 26-lbs. and the WTDI weighs 1.9-lbs and fits just fine in my gig-bag!

Woo-hoo!
Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
'82 US-made Fender Jazz Bass with maple neck
5-string Rogue LX405 Pro (Surprisingly good "no-name" bass)
WT500/800 Highwayman (signature model)
D.N.S 410-8
Line6 X2-XDS wireless
=========
spares:
Eden RS400, GK BK250, GK 115 cab, acoustic B410 cab, Sunn Beta 202 (2x12)

Offline Bassmann1968

• Administrator
Re: Woo-Hoo Just got a WTDI
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 03:52:16 PM »
Hehe Dan,
just the way to go to put some life in that backline.
Good idea to play a bit with it before hand.
Rock on and have fun tomorrow!
Report expected!!! :D
Armin

PLEASE LIKE EDEN ON FACEBOOK!!!
No schematics available!!! Don't ask for it.
;)

WTP-Pre,1350,WTX260,WT300/400,WT1000,WTX1000N,NAV,WTDI
D112XLT,D210XST,D410XLT,D810RP,DNS410,DNS112

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 06:40:49 PM »
Enjoy - I do...
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
Well I used it last night at our gig and warned the guitar player that I was going to take up one more power plug-in spot.  I already use one for the amp and one for my wireless.  He smiled and said, "no problem.  With this new stage we have plenty." So I plugged my wireless into the input of the WTDI and my WTDI into the effects return of that little Peavey.  Had to turn the gain and master up a lot, but got the volume level I needed out of it just fine.

When I was trying it out with my headphones on Thursday, I turned the treble control down significantly because I was getting too much string noise out of it.  On Friday at the gig, I turned it back up to flat because the sound needed it and fret/string noise wasn't even audible.  I boosted my low-mids up a bit and voila! - I had my distinctively Eden Sound coming out of a Peavey amp.....I just love it when a plan comes together!

I didn't use the Enhance at all, but was planning on using the adjustable compressor on one of our songs.  We do Cindy Lauper's "Time after Time".  Our keyboard player does a great job singing it - she has a really nice voice.  The bass on the original has a lot of sustain and not a lot of dynamic variation.  So I presumed it was done with a compressor.  My maple-neck jazz has plenty of sustain, but this song offered me the opportunity to use the compressor from my WTDI.  When I tried it with the headphones, it sounded really good, but the bad news is that we didn't perform the song last night.  So I'll have to try out that feature at a later date.

Anyhow, I'm very happy with the sound that it produced.  I also play in a trio that I normally lug my amp and 410 cab to.  I may just take my WTDI and plug it directly into their sound board instead of lugging around my amp and cab at our next practice.  We'll see how that goes.

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
D.N.S 410-8
Line6 X2-XDS wireless
=========
spares:

Offline Bassmann1968

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 04:44:42 AM »
Hi Dan,
I guess you had some fun :-)
Got a red or blue LED?
Gain was easy to set? Usable range?
How is the power input labeled?
Rock on!
Armin

;)

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 01:36:45 PM »
Hey Armin,

Red LED instead of the blue one. Input on the right hand side just says "Input" on the top to the right of the Master.  Other side says "Bal. Out", "Grnd Lift", and "Unbal. Line Level Out".  You can see that pretty well on the picture I posted.  the only writing on the black part of the WTDI is the On/Off under the stomp-button.

I set my WTDI right on top of the amp next to my wireless received, so even if it had been that very bright blue light, it was behind me and wouldn't have been a problem.  No need to stomp it on and off, so I don't need to keep it under foot.  Sure was fun to hear Eden sound out of a Peavey amp though!  Almost as much fun as when I slaved my old GK amp to my RS400 and had Eden sound coming out of a GK.  Just love that Eden sound!

I ran the level and the master both way up.  The gain was up to about 5 o'clock without distorting and the Master was set at about 4 o'clock.   You have to remember this is going into a small Peavey 40-watt 112 combo that was turned up to about 2 o'clock (#7 on its dial), so it was probably putting out just about as much as it could.  I'm sure I wouldn't have to run it up so much on a more powerful amp.

My bass is a Passive Fender Jazz and on my WT500/800,  I run the gain up to 2 o'clock.  It doesn't really have a very hot signal, but it's never really been a problem.

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
D.N.S 410-8
Line6 X2-XDS wireless
=========
spares:

Offline Bassmann1968

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 01:47:46 PM »
Alright!
Thanks for the details ;)
Armin

;)

Offline dbsfgyd1

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 03:58:24 PM »
Hey Armin,

Red LED instead of the blue one. Input on the right hand side just says "Input" on the top to the right of the Master.  Other side says "Bal. Out", "Grnd Lift", and "Unbal. Line Level Out".  You can see that pretty well on the picture I posted.  the only writing on the black part of the WTDI is the On/Off under the stomp-button.

I set my WTDI right on top of the amp next to my wireless received, so even if it had been that very bright blue light, it was behind me and wouldn't have been a problem.  No need to stomp it on and off, so I don't need to keep it under foot.  Sure was fun to hear Eden sound out of a Peavey amp though!  Almost as much fun as when I slaved my old GK amp to my RS400 and had Eden sound coming out of a GK.  Just love that Eden sound!

I ran the level and the master both way up.  The gain was up to about 5 o'clock without distorting and the Master was set at about 4 o'clock.   You have to remember this is going into a small Peavey 40-watt 112 combo that was turned up to about 2 o'clock (#7 on its dial), so it was probably putting out just about as much as it could.  I'm sure I wouldn't have to run it up so much on a more powerful amp.

My bass is a Passive Fender Jazz and on my WT500/800,  I run the gain up to 2 o'clock.  It doesn't really have a very hot signal, but it's never really been a problem.

Dan

I had mine for almost 5 years now, and use it with the FOH at church. Pretty much I run it flat, no enhance, no bass boost or mid shift. I do use the compression however, such that it is. I also use it with backline gear and set up the same way. Well, congrats on a great useful acquisition.
WTDI, WP-100 Navigator, WT-1250, WT 800, D-210-XLT, D-210-XST, Nemesis RS 320-15, Nemesis RS-320-210, Fender USA P-Bass Deluxe, Warwick Corvette 5 string.

Offline 63p-bass

• The blues is alright
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 02:15:32 PM »
I want one of these if I ever get a gig where I can use it.
Jim

WT-405, WT550,
TN 226, Aguilar TH500
D112XST8, D112XLT8
EVM 15 in custom Theil cabs (x2)

'17 Fender Am Pro Jazz
'85 Fender Japan Jazz '75 Reissue
'06 Fender Am FSR Precision

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 10:47:48 AM »
Hi Jim,

Besides using it for my standard Friday night gig where I have to use the backline provided, I'm now using mine for my rehearsals too.  I'm playing in two bands currently.  One has an acoustic 410 on top of an acoustic 115 in their rehearsal space and they drive it with an Eden WT600.  So I just bring my bass, mic, and stand and plug in.  The other one I've been hauling my amp and cab with me and now, I bring my bass, mic, mic-stand, and WTDI with me.  I just plug the WTDI into the PA system and away I go.  It's much easier than lugging all my gear along.

If you have a PA system at your rehearsal space, try just plugging your WTDI in to that.  It works really well and doesn't get any lighter than that.

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
D.N.S 410-8
Line6 X2-XDS wireless
=========
spares:

Offline 63p-bass

• The blues is alright
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 07:00:37 PM »
Hey Dan,
I like the idea of carrying less gear. D112's aren't bad though.
This weekend I'm using one of the D112's  and one of my amps, so that's pretty light. Although I could use the WTDI for this small room.
Hmmm

Jim

WT-405, WT550,
TN 226, Aguilar TH500
D112XST8, D112XLT8
EVM 15 in custom Theil cabs (x2)

'17 Fender Am Pro Jazz
'85 Fender Japan Jazz '75 Reissue
'06 Fender Am FSR Precision

Offline TobiasMan

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »
I used my WTDI to plug into the PA system at a gig last Friday.

Actually had both my MTD5 fretless and my Steinberger NTX5 patched together through the MTDI with a Boss A/B switch.  Used a pedal preamp to up the signal from the upright and then an AB pedal to switch between the two instruments.  Tuner sat in the line between the WTDI and the XLR plug so tuning was available for whatever I had selected. 

Worked great and sounded good as well.

Have packed a full rig for this gig before when it was for the entire week, but waay too much effort for a single performance.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:49:15 AM by TobiasMan »

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »
Yeah, that WTDI is great.  I used it again last night for our gig at the brew pub.  We're playing at "Berrystock" in Monroe, WA today and I'm taking my full rig for that. We're the first of 3 groups that will be playing and we're doing a 2-hour set.  I'll bring along my WTDI just in case I need to use it instead or if I'm forced to use a backline amp.  Supposedly we are to use our own amps at this outdoor festival.

Since this is "in the spirit" of the original 1969 Woodstock, the group wants to dress accordingly.  I don't fit in my old tie-dyed shirt but I have some other "period correct attire" that I'll be wearing.  Normally I wear my hair in a pony tail and my green tom-o-shanter when I perform.  But today I'll be wearing my hair down secured by a black headband with white skulls on it.  I call it my "Jerry Garcia" look.

We'll see how it goes.

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
D.N.S 410-8
Line6 X2-XDS wireless
=========
spares: