Author Topic: anyone here use a different brand head or cab with Eden?  (Read 266 times)

Offline bushy

anyone here use a different brand head or cab with Eden?
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »
Been thinking of getting a Peavey Minimax amp to use with the Eden EX410SC4 cab. Is this a good setup?
File your taxes using the Happy Tax app! Plus enter for a chance to win a three-year lease on a Tesla S!
http://bit.ly/2JwwMXY

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
Re: anyone here use a different brand head or cab with Eden?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:44:51 PM »
If it sounds good to you then it is good.  I like the sound I get going from Eden to Eden but when forced to use a Peavey (it happens) I use my WTDI and bypass the Peavey pre-amp...
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline TobiasMan

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:14:40 PM »
That's the best way to use a Peavey amp, Paul! ;)

Many, many moons ago I used a Peavey Mk III.  Weighed a ton and was pretty much a one trick pony.  Seemed to be quite robust though.  Took it in one time for a noisy pot.  The tech fixed that and said he'd touched up the solder connections.  He said, "Mr. Peavey build solid stuff but was a bit skimpy on the solder".  Said he'd probably never see me again now that the solder joints were repaired.  Hadn't thought about that amp for ages!

Offline Bassmann1968

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:27:07 AM »
Hi,
Paul nailed it, what ever you like is good.
But try an Eden Eden setup and tell me you don't like it :D
Rock on!
PS: Please change your signature to a bass related subject ;)
Armin

PLEASE LIKE EDEN ON FACEBOOK!!!
No schematics available!!! Don't ask for it.
;)

WTP-Pre,1350,WTX260,WT300/400,WT1000,WTX1000N,NAV,WTDI
D112XLT,D210XST,D410XLT,D810RP,DNS410,DNS112

Offline dbsfgyd1

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:42:27 AM »
That's the best way to use a Peavey amp, Paul! ;)

Many, many moons ago I used a Peavey Mk III.  Weighed a ton and was pretty much a one trick pony.  Seemed to be quite robust though.  Took it in one time for a noisy pot.  The tech fixed that and said he'd touched up the solder connections.  He said, "Mr. Peavey build solid stuff but was a bit skimpy on the solder".  Said he'd probably never see me again now that the solder joints were repaired.  Hadn't thought about that amp for ages!

I used one of those  Mark III Peaveys in the 90s. It was a bit of garage Queen. Not knowing how to properly EQ my bass, I made use of the built in crossover and bi-amped into a small guitar amp so I could tell what I was playing. Ahh, the things we do in our youth...
WTDI, WP-100 Navigator, WT-1250, WT 800, D-210-XLT, D-210-XST, Nemesis RS 320-15, Nemesis RS-320-210, Fender USA P-Bass Deluxe, Warwick Corvette 5 string.