Author Topic: New Christmas toys, anyone?  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Bob Cruz

New Christmas toys, anyone?
« on: December 25, 2015, 07:19:58 PM »
I got myself a Ryobi lithium drill/driver set to replace my ancient barely functioning rechargeable drill.  Not very sexy but I needed the new set and it's already been put to use multiple times.  I told everyone else not to get me anything and they mostly went along except I did get a nice bottle of port in my hanging stocking.  I just always buy anything I need or want for myself and hardly want anything at all these days, so I'm not much fun to shop for!

I know, the prime directive, pix or it didn't happen--sorry for the stock pic:

Anyone else get themselves some new toys, musical or otherwise?
Bob Cruz

WTX260 - GB Streamliner 900 - Mesa WalkAbout - Peavey USA Cirrus 5 - SX Jazz 5 x2 - BC Rich Mockingbird 5 - Cruz 112 x2 (22 pound flyweight cabs I built) - Kustom 115 D140F - Avatar Neo 112 x 2 - Fender Rumble 40

Offline Rip Van Dan

Re: New Christmas toys, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »
Too funny Bob,

I got a Home-brew kit with the supplies to make an Irish Stout. The only thing it didn't come with was a large kettle to boil the wort in.  I already have one of those so that's cool.  Can't believe my wife, that is "Santa", thought of this.  Of course I'll have to get a larger carboy down the road a bit, but this will get me started!

Also, since my wife has been ill for  a few years now, I've taken over some of the cooking tasks.  My daughter is an amazing gourmet cook and has all the goodies.  So when she gets new stuff she hands down to us the old stuff - which is usually great stuff.  She already passed down her Williams and Sonoma version metal Cuisanart (big), her Cuisanart mini-prep (small), and her Kitchen Aid stand mixer (another huge thing) all because she has purchased newer versions of the above.  Well, in the spirit of "let's get Dad more cooking stuff" she convinced my wife to get me a Cuisanart submersible blender called a "Smart Stick", a metal one with removeable dishwasher-safe stem.  So I guess I'll be mixing things up here!  ;)

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
'82 US-made Fender Jazz Bass with maple neck
5-string Rogue LX405 Pro (Surprisingly good "no-name" bass)
WT500/800 Highwayman (signature model)
D.N.S 410-8
Line6 X2-XDS wireless
=========
spares:
Eden RS400, GK BK250, GK 115 cab, acoustic B410 cab, Sunn Beta 202 (2x12)

Offline Bob Cruz

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 03:14:29 PM »
Great stuff, Dan!  I can practically taste the stout...I used to make my own ales and still have the equipment.  There was nothing better than fresh home brew; the only problem was it didn't last!  No wonder people scale up their operations until they're practically in the business.  The kettle I have is a tall stainless steel one from a turkey deep fryer, and the gas burner from the deep fryer gets it boiling fast too.  It was from Costco and I've only ever used it for brewing or making giant pots of soup.

Those submersible blenders are way cool--you'll ask yourself how you got along without it.  They homogenize stuff so it stays blended, like salad dressing, nice and thick...hey, I'm getting hungry!  :P

Merry Christmas!  Bob
Bob Cruz

WTX260 - GB Streamliner 900 - Mesa WalkAbout - Peavey USA Cirrus 5 - SX Jazz 5 x2 - BC Rich Mockingbird 5 - Cruz 112 x2 (22 pound flyweight cabs I built) - Kustom 115 D140F - Avatar Neo 112 x 2 - Fender Rumble 40

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »
Looks like mine is set to make 1 gallon, which if I did my math right means I should be able to get 10-2/3 12-oz. bottles out of it.  I'll probably have to expand pretty quickly as I can't see much use in getting less than 12 bottles out of a batch.   Even then I'd be happier with 24.   8) 8) :P

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
'82 US-made Fender Jazz Bass with maple neck
5-string Rogue LX405 Pro (Surprisingly good "no-name" bass)
WT500/800 Highwayman (signature model)
D.N.S 410-8
Line6 X2-XDS wireless
=========
spares:
Eden RS400, GK BK250, GK 115 cab, acoustic B410 cab, Sunn Beta 202 (2x12)

Offline Bass Mayhem

• http://www.myspace.com/rogerthebassmayhem
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »
The Missus and I decided we didn't want any Xmas gifts other than gift certificates in favor of the refugees in the world, especially the children. Food parcels, medicine, blankets and hygiene articles. That kind of gifts. Means - no toy for Mayhem!  :) :) :)
Roger - the Bass Mayhem

Dingwall, Fender, Kremona, Lakland, NS and Tom Clement basses
Eden, Bose, Genz Benz, Genzler and TKS amps & cabs
Avalon, Boss, EBS, Eventide, RMI, Suncoast, Voodoo Lab & Vovox

Offline Bob Cruz

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 12:01:07 PM »
The Missus and I decided we didn't want any Xmas gifts other than gift certificates in favor of the refugees in the world, especially the children. Food parcels, medicine, blankets and hygiene articles. That kind of gifts. Means - no toy for Mayhem!  :) :) :)
You sound like this guy--it's the link I sent my family when I said "no presents, and I mean it":

http://www.ericgarland.co/2013/11/27/dont-want-christmas-presents/

God bless you and your family, Bob
Bob Cruz

Offline TobiasMan

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 12:16:29 PM »

We did much the same this year.  Some small stocking stuffers, but in terms of gifts in the family, we all chose to put the funds to the needy in our community or the world at large.  It was a bit surprising when we saw the entire list of needs that we had supported.

Offline Bob Cruz

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 04:11:36 PM »
You guys are impressing me.  :)
Bob Cruz

Offline Stumpy

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 10:15:47 PM »
Not yet. :)

I was plunging through the Eden Facebook page... the 12 days of Bassmas. . . Luckily I was named the 5th day. :)

Hoping the micro gets here ... :)

Craig Murray
A.K.A. Mr. Freeze from Crash The Machine
Endorsing Artist - Eden Bass Amplification
Endorsing Artist -MTD Kingston & USA Basses
Endorsing Artist -MTD Bass Strings
Emerging Artist -Bartolini Bass Pickups

Offline Bassmann1968

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 02:43:19 AM »
Congrats, Stumpy!
Armin

PLEASE LIKE EDEN ON FACEBOOK!!!
No schematics available!!! Don't ask for it.
;)

WTP-Pre,1350,WTX260,WT300/400,WT1000,WTX1000N,NAV,WTDI
D112XLT,D210XST,D410XLT,D810RP,DNS410,DNS112

Offline tfcreative

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 06:31:17 PM »
Nothing big this year, but I did get a pretty sweet overdrive pedal (Earthquaker Palisades). Honestly, I'm so far gone down the dark side for practical reasons that there's never any bass news anymore.
Todd
I mostly play my Jazzmaster custom nowadays, but I do at least still own some basses.

Offline Bob Cruz

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »
Well Merry Christmas anyway!  "Dark side," too funny!  ;)
Bob Cruz