Author Topic: Power switch light  (Read 2322 times)

Offline CarlHerder

Power switch light
« on: September 28, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »
The other day, I powered up my amp (WT-400) at a gig to complete silence. I said to myself, "Hmmm, it can't be the fuse, because the power light is on". Later, after suffering through the gig with a cheezy borrowed amp, I read the manual, and discovered that, for mysterious reasons, the amp is wired to mislead in that way. I don't understand what the thinking is behind this.

My request for the future would be to give us a way, other than through complete silence, to know that we have blown the fuse. Seems to me the most straightforward way would be have the switch NOT light up.

Thanks,
C:-

Offline TobiasMan

Re: Power switch light
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »
The light simply indicates that the unit is receiving power, which tells you that you don't have a problem with power supply or power cords.  If the fuse blows there's no power in the amp circuits by which to activate some other warning light.

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
Re: Power switch light
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 10:43:41 AM »
Of course if the light were not there and you opened it up believing that it was not receiving power when it was... goodbye C!
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well