Author Topic: Online schematics  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Gruntollio Basswall

• Hatemail
Re: Online schematics
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »
Thank you for the link Basswall, some good commandments in there to be sure. But (like the Pope) one must roll with the changes. And I absolutely love not having to climb the neck to hit those frequently necessary 'forbidden register' notes. Lead guitar shouldn't have all the fun!

Thou keepth the Groove! Thou Groove maketh thy booty shake and thus the fun!  :o 8) :D ;)
Gruntollio Basswall

WT1205, WTX500, DNS410, D410XLT, D410XST ,2 X EX112, EM5&3, WTDI

Offline ohnolookoutrun

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »
Hi guys. I joined this forum specifically because I've been trying to find a schematic for my bricked WT1000. I cannot justify the exorbitant repair fees at any of the authorized service centers in the area when it would legitimately be cheaper to buy a new power amp.

I'm lucky enough, however, to have a friend who's an electrical engineer by trade and builds guitar amps as a hobby. The WT1000 is currently sitting in pieces on his workbench, and he's identified a few things that he thinks might be the issue, but it'd sure be nice if I could get him a schematic so he could have a better idea of what to look for.

I'd hate to just throw it in the trash, but it's a big stupid paperweight right now.

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 04:14:37 AM »
Now if he were to identify the things he thinks might be the issue then I'm sure the more technically inclined would be able to help - I assume you already have, or have downloaded the manual (http://www.edenamps.com/assets/4012.031_wt1000-2003.pdf) and a bit more diligent searching online may turn up what you're looking for (https://www.elektrotanya.com/eden_wt400_pre_sch.pdf/download.html)...
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline ohnolookoutrun

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 08:20:45 AM »
I have downloaded the manual, and it's not particularly helpful in diagnosing or fixing the problem.

So since I'm not particularly technically inclined and I'm kind of just flailing here, should I send my builder friend the schematic you linked to and tell him it's not the same model but similar enough that he should be able to figure it out?

Offline Paulinderwick

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »
No - but the site may have a schematic which is closer - I am not experienced in electronics at all but if you have opened up the amp I trust your tech to recognise what he is dealing with and if he is in doubt then Armin will tell him characteristics etc - Eden took the decision not to supply schematics but you will find them if you dig down deep enough in the forum before that decision was taken and on-line - good hunting...
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline ohnolookoutrun

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »
RS700, WT400, WT550, WT1205, another WT1205, WT500/WT600/WT800, another WT550, WT800C, WTB300V, WTX260. Thats everything they have.

Which one of these is similar enough to my bricked WT1000?

Forum search gave me nothing. I read through 15 pages of a search for "schematic" and one page of "WT1000."

I'm just all kinds of frustrated here. There are three authorized techs in my area; I've used two of them before and won't do so ever again. The third has a wait of three months and since this is a solid state rack-mounted power amp, I'm looking at a $240 bench fee before they even crack the thing open. So I'd likely get it back in 4-5 months with a bill of $400 at the low end.

If I'd known it would be so much trouble or so goddam expensive to get this thing fixed, I wouldn't have bought it.

Offline Bassmann1968

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 08:59:33 AM »
What? You bought it broken?
What was the problem with the amp?
Armin

PLEASE LIKE EDEN ON FACEBOOK!!!
No schematics available!!! Don't ask for it.
;)

WTP-Pre,1350,WTX260,WT300/400,WT1000,WTX1000N,NAV,WTDI
D112XLT,D210XST,D410XLT,D810RP,DNS410,DNS112

Offline ohnolookoutrun

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 09:27:25 AM »
What? You bought it broken?
What was the problem with the amp?

No. I bought a working amp. It stopped working. I'd like it to work again rather than throwing it away.

It powers on but produces no sound. No crackle or hum or hiss.

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 01:13:28 PM »
You probably already did this, but if you haven't, check the fuse.  The amp will light up with a blown fuse will be dead quiet.

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
'78 US-made Fender Jazz Bass with maple neck
5-string Rogue LX405 Pro (Surprisingly good "no-name" bass)
WT500/800 Highwayman (signature model)
D.N.S 410-8
Line6 X2-XDS wireless
=========
spares:
Eden RS400, GK BK250, GK 115 cab, acoustic B410 cab, Sunn Beta 202 (2x12)

Offline ohnolookoutrun

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 02:14:32 PM »
You probably already did this, but if you haven't, check the fuse.  The amp will light up with a blown fuse will be dead quiet.

Dan

Fuse is fine.

Offline Paulinderwick

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
Just a reminder that further back in this thread it says "The WT1000 is currently sitting in pieces on his workbench, and he's identified a few things that he thinks might be the issue" - it would be really helpful if this person would join in, I'm sure we could help him, but just asking for a schematic you are not going to get will get you nowhere.  Please ask your tech guy to join in and tell us what he thinks might be wrong or at least tell you in sufficiently detailed technical language that the technically qualified people on the forum can help you... without the technical detail how can you be helped???

Offline ohnolookoutrun

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 08:14:39 PM »
I'll ask him if he's willing to join the forum, but I don't think he'll be very keen. Failing that I'll try to struggle my way through his questions. He said something about voltages on different transistors not being what he expected, and some specific piece was generating more heat than it should. I'll try to clarify if I can't get him to join.

:shrug:

without the technical detail how can you be helped???

A schematic of the amplifier, as he requested, would help.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:17:37 PM by ohnolookoutrun »

Offline Paulinderwick

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 03:58:01 AM »
Doesn't sound like he knows what he's doing to me - I suspect all the schematics in the world won't help - could be wrong but... by the way the WT1000 was followed by the WT1250...

Offline ohnolookoutrun

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 09:14:10 AM »
Doesn't sound like he knows what he's doing to me - I suspect all the schematics in the world won't help - could be wrong but... by the way the WT1000 was followed by the WT1250...

It is entirely possible that I've overestimated his ability to read a schematic, but I think it's more likely that I misunderstood what he was describing during the five minutes he was poking around. Either way, if he can't fix it, it goes in the trash. When replace is cheaper than repair, you replace.