Author Topic: Get Lucky by Daft Punk  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Bassballz

• Fun Stuff
Get Lucky by Daft Punk
« on: January 31, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »
Maybe I'll get eaten alive for posting this, but what a fantastic song.

A throwback to funky retro style grooves. The bass lines are thick and clear, the actual song mix is very analog and warm. I can't say I'm a huge fan of Daft Punk, but this song really hits all the right spots to make one want to groove.

I suppose what really makes me excited to hear songs like this is Daft Punk is known for their electronic grooves, but this song is nearly all analog, and it shows. I can appreciate a musician that can play on both sides of the fence.
EM5's, DNS210 x2, D.N.A. 1350

Offline 9stringbean

Re: Get Lucky by Daft Punk
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 05:15:40 PM »
It is a good, grooving song for sure, but I am bothered by the subject matter (lyrics) of the song.  It's a personal conviction.  I am a church musician and have been for about 28 years now.  I enjoy a lot of secular "music", but the topic, lyrics or message of a song can turn me off. 

That is a very catchy tune though.   

Offline Bassballz

• Fun Stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 06:17:08 AM »
You are definitely right, 9. I admit, I have a tendency to ignore lyrics and focus on the musicality and mix of a song. I suppose it goes hand in hand with I can learn all kinds of songs on bass, but God help me if I can even remember the lyrics to anything.  :P
EM5's, DNS210 x2, D.N.A. 1350

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 08:47:03 AM »
Hey Bassballz, as long as you're not the lead singer for the group, you don't have to remember the words, just where they are in the song.  :o ;D 8)

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
'82 US-made Fender Jazz Bass with maple neck
5-string Rogue LX405 Pro (Surprisingly good "no-name" bass)
WT500/800 Highwayman (signature model)
D.N.S 410-8
Line6 X2-XDS wireless
=========
spares:
Eden RS400, GK BK250, GK 115 cab, acoustic B410 cab, Sunn Beta 202 (2x12)