Author Topic: any eden schematics?  (Read 8038 times)

Offline timdeea

any eden schematics?
« on: December 03, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
any Eden schematics out there?

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
Re: any eden schematics?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 10:27:26 AM »
Ask Armin nicely...
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline TobiasMan

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 11:23:46 AM »
For what amp (year and model) as that would certainly help Armin with his response.

Offline Bassmann1968

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »
He wrote a PM.
Schematics for the WTX1000N are not available.
Armin

PLEASE LIKE EDEN ON FACEBOOK!!!
No schematics available!!! Don't ask for it.
;)

WTP-Pre,1350,WTX260,WT300/400,WT1000,WTX1000N,NAV,WTDI
D112XLT,D210XST,D410XLT,D810RP,DNS410,DNS112

Offline reathpd

Schematic for WT-400
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »
I need a schematic and would appreciate any assistance.   Unit cuts out. 

Heat damage to PreAmp Board, solder points cleaned and re-soldered.

My friend the owner wants me to put the fan on all the time.

Model WT400
Serial No. 6247
5-19-97

Offline Bassmann1968

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 02:23:20 AM »
Hi reathpd and welcome to the garden,
The fan is not in the schematic.
There must be two white cables from the power supply board to the power amp Heat sink. There on the heat sink is the thermostat.
Just install a jumper instead.

I guess the problem was at the resistors on the preamp board. Some install them with a heat sink  and not on the board.
Armin

;)

Offline pasahero

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 06:35:54 PM »
Hello,

I am new here and was hoping to find a schematic for the wt-550. Eden says they can only send it to the 3 approved guys in my area, however I don't trust any of them, I found the power schematic, but not the other one. The problem with my amp is that after about 10 minutes of working fine, the sound starts to drop off gradually over the next 10 minutes until there is no sound.I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Regards,

Eduardo

Offline Charles.m1

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »
I am having the same problem with the same amp that came into the shop for repair last week. I need to find the correct idle current settings for the amp first and where to check before going to deep into the circuit. Next, I have discovered when the sound drops off the transistor Q11 overheats (64 Degrees C) and transistor Q9 is also hotter than I like to see but is less that Q11. NTE replacements are available for both of these, but want to check idle currents first. Any have this information ? 

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 08:00:33 PM »
Hey Pasahero and Charles.m1,

Welcome to the Garden!

Eden will only send out schematics to authorized repair shops or techs, but Armin will probably drop in soon and may be able to give you some specifics about the idle currents and such.  He is an electronics wiz who has just about enough Eden gear to open his own shop.  He's also very generous with info to help others out.

Dan
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
'82 US-made Fender Jazz Bass with maple neck
5-string Rogue LX405 Pro (Surprisingly good "no-name" bass)
WT500/800 Highwayman (signature model)
D.N.S 410-8, Eden EX112 x2
Line6 G10s wireless
==
spares:
Eden RS400, GK BK250, BPX115 cab, acoustic B410 cab, Sunn Beta 202 (2x12)

Offline Charles.m1

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 03:16:37 PM »
Hi, thanks for the reply,  but what do you call "soon" ?  I have the amp in the shop for repair and cannot wait for extended periods for information,  the customer does want it returned. But, myself I would be inclined to tell him to toss  it and replace it with a better brand. All other amp brands I have serviced...Fender...Marshall...Vox etc... I had no problem getting service information and that was great on their part as they provided service after the sale.  But hopefully Armin returns soon and can answer some questions. 

Offline Rip Van Dan

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 03:52:07 PM »
Why don't you send him a private message via the site.  He travels a lot and sometimes doesn't answer for a few days, but odds are he just didn't see this message.  PM him and he'll get back to you.  His screen name is  Bassmann1968.

When Marshall purchased Eden, they instituted the policy that if you are not an Eden authorized repair shop or tech, you don't get schematics.  They believe that an Eden authorized repair shop/tech will consistently provide good results and keep their reputation for reliability.  A schematic in the hands of a person with unknown skills can cause more problems than it solves.  This is not meant as an insult to you but rather to keep people without your skills from tinkering with the insides of Eden gear.  Some rather strange tinkerings have shown up over the years and I'm sure that had a lot to do with the policy.

It surprises me that Marshall would send you schematics if you are not a Marshall authorized dealer or tech, since they are the ones who put the rule in place at Eden.  Prior to that schematics were fairly easy to get. 

Your best bet is to contact Armin as he has most of the schematics himself and while he may not be able to share some of them he can certainly talk you through it and help with specs for specific parts.
Rip Van Dan
Dan Gracia
'82 US-made Fender Jazz Bass with maple neck
5-string Rogue LX405 Pro (Surprisingly good "no-name" bass)
WT500/800 Highwayman (signature model)
D.N.S 410-8, Eden EX112 x2
Line6 G10s wireless
==
spares:
Eden RS400, GK BK250, BPX115 cab, acoustic B410 cab, Sunn Beta 202 (2x12)

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 04:28:37 PM »
Actually if you are such a 'hot-shot' at different amp brands why don't you contact Eden direct and become an authorised repairer - they'll send you the schematics that you need without having to wait - this is a forum for people who like Eden, use Eden and are committed to Eden - nobody here is paid by Eden and comments like "Hi, thanks for the reply,  but what do you call "soon" ?" are not helpful - as Dan mentions Armin travels a lot, and is a very busy guy who gives his time for free here - you are complaining as though we are some sort of service centre that ought to jump to your command.  You claim to have repaired Marshall - go ask them - I'm sure Armin will do what he can but this sort of attitude sucks...
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline Charles.m1

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »
Hi,  I would like to become an authorized service center but they do not seem to be interested. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. They won't give out schematics or information, only to authorized service people and the authorized service centers will not give it out either, but they will willingly let you send the amp to them for repair.

Offline Bassmann1968

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 03:52:33 AM »
Hi Charles and welcome to the Garden!

Sorry for replying that late, I think I had a look at the topic somewhere at an airport but had forgotten about it. I get many PM and emails about handing out schematics, but I have an NDA with Eden and actually not allowed to do so.
Anyway I try to help.
What I need to know is where you are located and what the number of the board is you are working on.
Rock on
Armin
PS: There is no better brand to replace the Eden with :-))))
PPS: Thanks for the kind words,guys. BTW, Tomorrow I fly to Oman, so answer might be delayed.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:54:29 AM by Bassmann1968 »
Armin

;)

Offline Charles.m1

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 05:08:30 AM »
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes, I bet your swamped with e-mails from people looking for information and you have a lot of other things to take care of first.  The amp board: P/N 110227.03,  I mainly wanted to check the basics of the amp before digging deeper into it looking for something that may not exist.  Once the bias is properly set and the problem continues then I will go further.  Myself, I am not a guitar player but enjoy repairing the amps for those that know how to play the guitar.
Reason I mentioned the other amp manufactures in a previous post is that the manufacturers actually supplied me with the information, such as actual schematics etc... with no problem, they were very helpful which really surprised me and it made my job a lot easier for sure.