Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 275187 times)

Offline lava

Introduce Yourself
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2005, 12:50:49 PM »
Hi all,
my name is Martin and I've been playing electric bass professionally for about 23 years. I've played every conceivable gig that a bass player can do and have even been hired to play prison gigs, weird vibe but good money, and if you break a string you are not, I repeat, not under any circumstance supposed to toss the broken string out of your sight. Alot of studio stuff, Grammy winners to Subway jingles. Many, many gigs as a hired gun backing up every next biggest thing that comes through here.
I keep the obligatory, (a) cover band, (b) original band, and (c) experimental bands going all the time and love playing with everyone in these bands of course or I wouldn't be doing it.
All the while I am a graphic designer that specializes in the music industry: www.martinbencomo.com. CD package design to concert poster design and everything in between. I am also a designer for an LA based web company that has many fun clebrity clients: www.looplava.com .
I have used Hamer US Cruise basses for many years and the occasional Fender Jazz bass as well. Am looking to get some else in the near future and am torn between the Lakland Joe Osborn or the Sadowsky Metro Jazz. Depends on how much I get for the kidney that I'll have to sell to get a new bass. Wish me Luck.
Have recently become an Eden user and couldn't be happier.
Cheers.

:: MiniMonster: WT-550 • D210XST ::
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 10:22:56 AM by lava »
.: Pyramid of Groove: WT-550 • D210XST • CX110 :.

Offline setherd14

• http://www.myspace.com/bringingdownbroadway
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2005, 09:07:31 PM »
Heyyy everybody.  I live nearby Flint, Michigan. I have been playing bass now for about 4 years after having played guitar for 2.  I was a junior in high school and some friends of mine were in a band and they needed a bassist.  I reasoned that it would be fun to do for maybe 2-3 weeks. 5 years later I am still in that band and we are touring pretty much this whole summer (four of our dates in the chicago area, where a few of you guys seem to be from... see side note). I am pursuing a career in recording (not as heavily pursuing at the moment due to the band).  Mostly what I want out of my life is to not have to work very much, and be able to spend lots of time with my future family (and music).

Side note (funny story): Last time we went through chicago we met a really cool brother and sister who let us stay with them, and we ended up becoming pretty good friends with them.  They come and visit me now every few weeks.  They are from a town called Mundelein Illinois.  I was on the phone with the girl one day as I walked past my 210XST box (that I keep laying on the floor in my room as a constant reminder of what I have waiting for me at band practice) and read "Eden electronics is a division of US music corp. 444 east courtland street, MUNDELEIN, IL 60060" I got kind of excited at the strange coincidence. The End.

Offline Paulinderwick

• Jimmy C and the Bluesdragons
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2005, 06:58:29 AM »
Hi Folks

I'm Paul and I've been playing guitar for the last 41 years - but about 12 years ago I had an inspriration.  I realsed that ever since I began watching bands what I'd really listened to and watched was the bass player - yes when I was watching John Mayall's Bluesbreakers in clubs I was really listening to John McVie NOT Eric Clapton.  Being of an age and living in London I was treated to an amazing musical education in 63 - 65 and just wish more had rubbed off!  But thats another story.

So I persuaded my wife to buy me a cheap bass (Marlin!) for my birthday and discovered that bass lines seemed to come and flo much more naturally that guitar ever had - although on guitar what I still enjoy is rhythm playing NOT lead.  I started getting up at Blues Jams including the now defunct Weavers Arms (check out Hi Fidelity by Nick Hornby) and then, 4 years ago, Canadian guitarist Jimmy C asked me to help him set up a band - maybe once a week - we can play up to 4 times a week now, but I try to keep to no more than 2 a week (or the wife would kill me!)  check out www.bluesdragons.com

Current equipment:
Squier/Sadowsky equipped Jazz bass
Fender Precision Lyte
Peavey Foundation Lined fretless
Burns Barracuda Baritone 6 string bass
Ashbory bass (silicon rubber strings!)
Noname Stratocaster
Yamaha APX4-12 string
Brunswick 6 string
Old old Kay 3/4 size in Memphis tuning
Vintage Mandolin
Cheapo ukelele

Eden WT330
Ashdown 210T and 115 speaker cabs
Roland Super-bass Cube
Drive CD200B  20-watt bass amp - check one out - I actually use this for a central london bar gig at Ain't Nothing But where the local council limits noise - 20 watts!
UK member, WT330, WTX260, 2 x EX112 (both 4 ohm), WTDI, and a Microtour as well as a Roland Super Cube Bass, Blackstar HT5, Fender Jazz '67, Fretless Fender Jazz '70, Burns Barracuda, Epiphone EB-0, Ashbory, Stagg EUB and guitars and ukuleles and a mandolin as well

Offline dlbass1329

Introduce Yourself
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2005, 07:44:27 AM »
ME NEXT!!!

WHERE TO BEGIN?? MY NAME IS DAREN LUCAS AND I HAVE BEEN PLAYING BASS FOR ABOUT 22 YEARS IN EVERY STYLE YOU CAN IMAGINE. I CURRENTLY FREQUENT CLUB 3 DEGREES IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN (THE BEST CHRISTIAN CLUB AROUND IN MY OPINION)WHERE I PLAY WITH SOME MEMBERS OF JONNY LANG'S BAND IN THE WORSHIP TEAM THERE FOR THE CHURCH SERVICES THEY HOLD. HERE'S A REAL BOOST FOR EDEN GEAR - AT THAT CLUB THEY HAVE ONE OF THE BEST SOUNDING MCCAULEY SYSTEMS WITH MIDAS CONSOLES I HAVE HEARD IN A LONG TIME...BUT I BRING IN MY NAVIGATOR AND WT1250 WITH ONE OF MY D210MBX MONITORS AND IT BLOWS AWAY THE INCREDIBLE SOUNDING MONITORS THERE!!

I HAVE TOURED WITH SOME SMALLER LABEL BANDS IN THE 90'S AND REALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH EDEN GEAR IN 1995 WHEN I WAS PLAYING AT A FESTIVAL WITH A BAND CALLED WHITEHEART AND PLAYED THROUGH JON'S WT800 AND 410XLT...AS A TRACE ELLIOT USER FOR LIFE (I THOUGHT!)I NEVER WAS GOING TO CHANGE MY GEAR...UNTIL THAT DAY! EVER SINCE I HAVE TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERY PIECE OF EDEN GEAR THERE HAS BEEN MADE AND HAVE OWNED THE WT800, 210XST, 410XLT, METRO, AND HAVE FINALLY FOUND MY RIG - THE NAVIGATOR PREAMP WITH THE WT1250 AMP; 410XST AND THE 210MBX FOR LARGER STAGES WHEN I NEED MORE VOLUME. NOTHING HAS THE CLARITY OR THE POWER TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE PUNCH FROM MY FENDER JAZZ FMT WITH THE 18 VOLT PREAMP OTHER THAN THIS GEAR!!

THAT'S MY STORY.....NEXT??

Offline agent-orange

Introduce Yourself
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2005, 02:22:55 PM »
Hi! Well... my name is Justin first of all and I'm 27 years young. I've been playing guitar for about 13 years. I have been in a few bands since high school and my last band of 7 years broke up last August. We went through 3 name changes, 9 members, one independent record deal, and lots of hard work. It was just time to quit. It was much easier when I was a student being supported by my parents. But after getting a real job after college, I quickly started to get worn out. Gigs became more of a chore and less fun. Now I'm having fun again...

I just started on bass a few months ago. I needed something to get me musically motivated after the band broke up. I decided to get a bass to learn how to play R&B/hip-hop, etc. You know... something other than Rock. Eventually some friends of mine (ex-bandmates) needed a fill-in bass player and I have since played twice with them. It turns out I really like the bass - even if we play rock styled music.

Last Saturday, in San Francisco, I was able to play a gig through a borrowed Nemesis NC210. I liked the sound so much, that I started researching Eden right away. My first Eden (a WT400) should be in may hands sometime next week! Woo Hoo!

Maybe my performing days are starting up again. Only time will tell...

Offline hadez

• http://www.mortalium.com
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2005, 03:51:17 AM »
hello all

litle about me

my name is max, 24 years old, i'm playing bass since age of 14 maybe 15, i had a guitard when i was very young, and never feel relly confortable with it, i dont have play very much, never learn anything. the firs time i have try a bass, its a B.C. rich warlock LA serie, and at the second i try it, i know in my self i wana be a bassist. and a few week later i bought the warlock ( and use it for only bass about 10 years, since near, i just bought a ibanez sr-505 five string whit a beautiful sound and feel. and as you can see, english is not my main lengage, i'm a frech canadien living in montreal Quebec(canada), and i grow up in a litle town in the north called "jonquiere".

music
i'm mostly a metalhead, very interested in doom and black metal but i listen many other thing litle french folk, some blue and clasic. the only thing i hate is the "easy 2 notes pop" and rap. I play in a doom metal band called :lacrimae Mortalium" we have recoded i first demo last yers. this was my first real studio experience.

gears
--past--
peavey tko 115
very old peavey head model: bass  200watt
peavy cab 1 15"
peavy cab 2 15"

--current--
Nemesis NA600 head(96-97)
eden d410xlt
warlock L.A serie(warlock) with EMG pick-up P-J set
ibanez SR-505

--near future--
eden WP-100 nav
eden WT-1550
eden d410xst

why eden

the firs time i had saw, herd and tryed eden was at the local store, i was shopping for a good head for my new band(nostradrama, my first metal band in montreal) for replacing my peavy combo. i was shopping for SWR or maybe ampeg, but it was realy expensive, i was young, studen and realy pour. i try many head and finaly came the nemesis NA600... i start to play and instandly love the deep growing sound, the bass sounded tooo good, i ask the seller for how much these killing amp cost, and when he tell me the price i just laugh, a fraction of the swr head, but a sound 10 000 time better, so grab it and i use it since this time.

Offline puffycombs

Introduce Yourself
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2005, 06:22:55 PM »
Hi my name is Chris

<HI CHRIS>

And I'm a bassjunkie.

I live in Kirkland Washington, and I work at Comcast.  <yes I know, and I'm sorry about your internet service> I play in a rock and roll band and the church band. I'm gonna be 30 this year and I've been playing for about 15 years.   I bought my Eden WT-500 at a Guitar Center in Downtown Seattle and I've never looked back.  Although I thought that I wanted an Ampeg, but realized that I already had the sweet stuff and need go no further.

got the wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and the white picket fence, and loving every minute of it.
don't confuse understanding with concern.

Offline liam_g

• http://www.myspace.com/liamgraham
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2005, 01:00:25 AM »
Hey, everyone,

My name is Liam Graham, and I live in Kitsap County, Washington (a ferry ride away from Seattle).  I grew up in rural western Kentucky, just 2 hours northwest of Nashville.  I've been playing off and on for  years, and have recently come back to concentrate primarily on bass, after years of singing and flute playing.  I'm currently the bassist for Holly Figueroa, on Cake Records (an indy label distributed by Red/Sony/BMG).  Actually, I just had that audition earlier tonight, after numerous reschedulings due to various mishaps with all of our schedules.  I'm glad to have it over with (and successful!), as the suspense was killing me ... and her last bass player was Tony Levin.  

I play a Roscoe LG-3005 5-string fretless almost exclusively.  My amp is a WT-330 played through two Eden Nemesis cabs, the NSP-210 and NSP-212.  I'm also doing some studio work for a former Nashville engineer who's set up a studio out in the woods in the foothills of the Olympic mountains.

Cheers from the Northwest,

Liam Graham
Bassist for Holly Figueroa
http://www.hollyfigueroa.com

Offline floorshaker

• http://home20.inet.tele.dk/boergo/
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2005, 03:04:08 PM »
Hey all, Floorshaker here, my name is Bo, I live near Copenhagen in Denmark, Europe. I've been playing bass for the last 21 years in all kinds of rock, pop, funk, disco bands. My current band is a party band called .... Floorshakers, we do 70-80-90 hit's, it good fun. For the last 9-10 years I'we been playing a B.C.Rich Bernardo 4, a very nice bass, but with a little luck I should be playing a Lakland 4-94 deluxe in two months time. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I've had my wt-800 for a year now and love it, got my new cabs last week [:D][:D]

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/boergo/bassrig.htm

Yes! I'm a bit underpowered, don't hate me [;)][;)]

Bo
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 03:07:48 PM by floorshaker »

Offline Radub1

• http://www.myspace.com/woynaroskimusic
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2005, 03:17:17 PM »
Nice Rig Bo....very nice indeed

Current Stuff: 210xst, 212xlt, WT-1205
Old Stuff: 410xlt, 212xlt, 210xst, 210xst, 210xst, 112xlt, 112xlt, 112xlt,  WT-550, WT-500, WT-800B, WTX-260, NC-210, Navigator
Basses: Warrior Signature 6, Benevente Vintage Vortex 5

Offline buffordbass

• http://kensavageandthebestkeptsecret.com
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2005, 04:17:16 PM »
sorry Bo... but I do hate you....lolol

Thats what I wanna play when I grow up!!

================================================
Just an old 4 string playin' fool!!!!
New set of flatwounds - $20
New cable - $30
WT-800 & D410XLT - priceless !!

...life is good!!!!

www.kensavageandthebestkeptsecret.com

================================================
'02 - Stingray 4 (Honeyburst), '87 P-Bass (MIJ LPB)

just an old 4 string playin' fool ...life is good!!!!

www.kensavageandthebestkeptsecret.com

www.myspace.com/kdogclub

Offline LTA

Introduce Yourself
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2005, 04:56:17 PM »
You can have those cabs, bo. I'll just take the lakland instead. I already need a backeotomy as it is, and just looking at that picture induced lumbar spasms. Not that you'd wheel both around at the same time, but....
Will it play in Peoria?

Offline LaneOnBass

• My Web Site
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2005, 10:44:55 AM »
Aw, man. Now I've GOT to get another 610...

Keep Thumpin',

Lane Baldwin (keeping up with the Jones's since 1904)
Special Projects Coordinator
and Forum Moderator

Ask not what bass can do for you...
   Ask what YOU can do for bass.

www.laneonbass.com
Keep Thumpin',

Lane On Bass

Former Eden Spec. Proj. Coord. & Artist Relations

My Web Site | Facebook Page
Twitter

Offline floorshaker

• http://home20.inet.tele.dk/boergo/
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2005, 05:23:49 PM »
[:D] Yeees it's a pair of great cabs, super well made, amazing sound, still a bit hard sounding, but I belive they will soften somewhat over time. Love the wheels and top handles or shuld I say , my back loves the wheels and top handles [;)].

B:o)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 05:46:37 PM by floorshaker »

Offline teecee

Introduce Yourself
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2005, 03:00:59 PM »
Jus call me TC and I've been playing for about 20 years mostly RnB,Gospel,some Rock..Have done the band thing and right now I have a nice project studio tht turns out some decent stuff from time to time.But nothing satisfies me more musically than a tight drummer and smoove groove..Just got into eden/nemesis gear and I have had and seen all the rest..My parents both were in gospel groups so I came out of da womb singing..Got on the bass when we had a gig in 85 and bass player was too drunk to see straight,been hooked since then..rightnow my church playing is what keeps me in the groove..we jam at my church..I really enjoy this forum and look forward to the info pointing me in the right direction when i decide to get that Eden rig.."DA GROOVE MAKES IT GO ROUND"..PEACE
WT800//WTX 260/Epifani UL2 410/Lakland 55-01/Carvin LB75/SWR 610
"da groove makes it go round"