Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 2006 times)

Offline 212kindaguy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 225
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: October 07, 2007, 02:06:54 PM »
To all the Canadians on this forum, Happy Thanksgiving Day.

To all our brothers-in-bass to the south, we eat turkey and cranberry sauce, too, just earlier than you do, because our climate meant an earlier harvest way back in the day.

We have so much in common, lest we forget.

If ever two countries were cousins, we are.

WW1, WW2, Korea, (not Viet Nam, although some Canadians volunteered),  and now Afghanistan.

We have avoided Iraq for most of the conflict there, for some obscure reason.

However you feel about war and politics, our young men almost always fight and die together.

Some would say that that bond is stronger than most others.

WT-405
D212XLT(4 ohm)
Warwick Thumb-Bolt 5

Offline RockNRollAl

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4586
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 02:39:44 PM »
Some of us went to Canada during Vietnam, too! [:O]


www.RockNRollAl.com

Nemesis N28S -  NC210P - NSP210(8)
Eden D210XST(8) - D210XST(4) - WTX260 - CXC110(WT-390 head) - CX110 - EM5's
I'm not a bassist. I'm just a guitarist/singer who uses Eden gear!
Nemesis N28S -  NC210P - NSP210(8Ω) - NSP210(4Ω)
Eden WT1205 -  WT405 - WTX260 - CXC110(WT390 head) - CX110
D410XLT(8Ω) - D210XST(8Ω)(x2) - D210XST(4Ω)(x3) - EM5's(x2) - WTDI
Roscoe LG3005 - Gretsch G2220 - Rogue VB100 - Ibanez GSRM20

Offline Want a 9

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 650
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 02:41:21 PM »
Well Happy Turkey Day to you to.  [:D]  Let's eat!  [:p]
DC-210XLT Metro combo, but wanting a lot more Eden gear.  :-)

Offline 212kindaguy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 225
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 04:15:07 PM »
Al - one of my best buddies at the time was a dodger and lived near me in Montreal - now a Ph.d linguistics professor in New Mexico. He was once #1 or #2 Greco-style wrestler in Connecticut - so he had no fear of fighting - just killing/dying . Those were different times, to be sure.

You are so OLD! Me Too! ;-)

==================

Bigtime jam just starting here - with my kids' buddy who is 19 and a total Pastorius freak.

He just played our WT-405 D212XLT setup for the very first time.

His feat are smiling! Feats don't fail us now!

I'm roadie only - my kids have passed me skill-wise - but they play "my kinda music".

The universe is unfolding as it should.

Four piece band today:

My daughter - Roland RD700SX piano and vocals
My son - Lead guitar and vocals, DR. Z Stingray tube amp Fender Supersonic 412 cab
Graham "Boots" on Yamaha 4-season Maple drums
Steve "Dindomeister" on Warwick 5-String & Eden + Eden

All-Mackie PA including RM350 speakers and a 1501 sub...

We may record today  - we'll see...main thing is to have four young killer musicians who get along and leave their egos at the door.

Have mercy - they're playing old James Brown tunes - GET DOWN! GET ON UP!

And Green Onions Booker T. style.....

You get the picture......and it's just warm-up.....
WT-405
D212XLT(4 ohm)
Warwick Thumb-Bolt 5

Offline Single Coil

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2188
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 05:02:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by RockNRollAl

Some of us went to Canada during Vietnam, too! [:O]


www.RockNRollAl.com

Nemesis N28S -  NC210P - NSP210(8)
Eden D210XST(8) - D210XST(4) - WTX260 - CXC110(WT-390 head) - CX110 - EM5's
I'm not a bassist. I'm just a guitarist/singer who uses Eden gear!


LOL! What a joker![:D]
But believe or not I used to work with a draft dodger...hell of a funny guy!

WT 800C / D610 XLT / D212 XLT / D210 XLT / D210 XST
 

Offline Single Coil

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2188
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 05:03:27 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Single Coil

quote:
Originally posted by RockNRollAl

Some of us went to Canada during Vietnam, too! [:O]


www.RockNRollAl.com

Nemesis N28S -  NC210P - NSP210(8)
Eden D210XST(8) - D210XST(4) - WTX260 - CXC110(WT-390 head) - CX110 - EM5's
I'm not a bassist. I'm just a guitarist/singer who uses Eden gear!


LOL! What a joker![:D]
But believe or not I used to work with a draft dodger...hell of a funny guy!

WT 800C / D610 XLT / D212 XLT / D210 XLT / D210 XST

Oh yeah... to all my Canadian bros.....Happy Thanksgiving.

WT 800C / D610 XLT / D212 XLT / D210 XLT / D210 XST
 

Offline Miked

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 784
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
Hey, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!  We have a lot to be thankful for.

Warm enough for a beer-butt turkey on the grill.[:p][^]

Mike
WT550/D210XST/(2)D112XLT
American Jazz Bass
Mike
WT550 / WTX260
D210XST(4) / 2 x D112XLT / EM3's
Warwick Thumb
American Jazz Bass

Offline Single Coil

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2188
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 11:26:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Miked

Hey, Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!  We have a lot to be thankful for.

Warm enough for a beer-butt turkey on the grill.[:p][^]

Mike
WT550/D210XST/(2)D112XLT
American Jazz Bass

Yeah! Last time I heard our dollar was worth more than the US dollar![:p]

WT 800C / D610 XLT / D212 XLT / D210 XLT / D210 XST
 

Offline bassman639

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5176
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 11:29:45 PM »
I 2nd that[:D]
quote:
Originally posted by 212kindaguy

To all the Canadians on this forum, Happy Thanksgiving Day.

To all our brothers-in-bass to the south, we eat turkey and cranberry sauce, too, just earlier than you do, because our climate meant an earlier harvest way back in the day.

We have so much in common, lest we forget.

If ever two countries were cousins, we are.

WW1, WW2, Korea, (not Viet Nam, although some Canadians volunteered),  and now Afghanistan.

We have avoided Iraq for most of the conflict there, for some obscure reason.

However you feel about war and politics, our young men almost always fight and die together.

Some would say that that bond is stronger than most others.





bassman639,play well
(tim moyle)
bass,the foundation of which everything rests on.
 
 
cxc110,d210xlt x2
 wt550,d112xlt x2

i love my cxc110(pitbull)
         
bassman639,play well
(tim moyle)
bass,the foundation of which everything rests on.
 
 
cxc110,
 wt550,d112xlt x2

i love my cxc110(pitbull)
         

Offline TobiasMan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3527
Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 12:39:02 PM »
Thanks guys!


Had a great Turkey Day here.  Hot in Ontario, but nice +20C here.  Family all here, so lots to be thankful for!

Daughter-in-law is from Raleigh NC, so we'll be havin' our US Turkey Day later (best of both worlds) [8D]

Tobias Killer B-6, 72 Fender Precision, WP-100 Navigator, QSC Powerlite2 PL230, 410XLT, 410XST
WT 500, Generic bin with 2 15" EVs, Fender Bassman 10
_________________________________________________________________
NXT5 EUB, MTD 535 Fretless, Tobias Killer B-6, 72 Fender Precision
WTX1000N, WP100 Navigator, QSC PL230, WT500, WTDI, Fender Bassman 10
410XLT, 410XST, Generic bin with 2 15" EVs